2017 is here and I have established a few goals I would like to achieve this year both regarding my reading habits and this blog.
- I will try to read graphic novels again. I have never been much of a fan, not even when I was a child, since having to read the text on the speech balloons annoyed me. However, there are graphic novels so beautifully illustrated that I am ready to give them another chance.
- I want to read more non-fiction, because this is something I almost haven’t done since I finished my studies. Last year I read one book that was non-fiction, but unintentionally so, as I thought it to be a fictional story when I bought it. This year I’m even considering to take part in non-fiction November.
- There aren’t many short story collections among my read books and I will endeavour to change that. I am currently reading Dubliners by James Joyce and will definitely read more short stories this year.
- I have never established a goal regarding the number of books I wanted to read during the year. But in 2017 I thought about challenging myself and try to read 25 books. This may seem a small number of books for many, but for me it would be the highest number of books I would have managed to read in a year.
- Finally, I will try to publish twice a week on this blog – on Tuesdays and Fridays – like I managed to do last week.
What are your resolutions for 2017? Tell me in the comments!